Wall thermostat overrides programmer box ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I was wondering if you can help me, my wall mounted room thermostat has started to override the main timer/programming box which is a British gas dual channel up2.

Even with the programmer showing off or in between the timed settings the heating will come on if the room stat is above actual temp. The stat clicks at about the correct temp.

So basically my central heating is controlled by the stat regardless of the programmer.??

The hot water kicks in as it should and the mixer valve seems to switch correctly through the 3 positions W M H.

Why does my CH system ignore the box and run off the stat??

Any help very much appreciated as 2 plumbers have failed to return my call after a fortnight

Sponsored Links
Suspect the programmer. But you would have to do proper faultfinding to be sure. Involves a multimeter and a bit of knowledge :)

Yes, sounds like programmer. If you have a multi meter, you could turn the ch off at programmer and see if the stat has a live supply. I shouldn't. If it has, this is coming from the programmer and is likely to be faulty.

Sponsored Links
Again thanks for the help, I have got a multimeter so il test that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back