Wallpaper/filling plaster advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently moved into a new flat and have some time off. The living room walls were already papered and had a little design on them but I decided to paint over it in a grey but even after drying you can still see the pattern and indentations of where the pattern is on the wallpaper.

So I decided I would remove the wall paper and did so by removing two strips, this in turn took some of the plaster down with it. I then used one of those scraper things to scrape the plaster off but some of it is stuck hard and you cannot get the scraper under some of the plaster whereas the other 50% of plaster has come off of the wall either coming off with the wallpaper or by scraping it off.

My options now and with a tight tight budget are to pull the lot down and put lining paper over it and paint it or is there any type of way of getting this remaining plaster off? or filling in so itis all level? The plasterboard is viewable and seems the plaster is only about 1-2mm thick at the very most

I cannot afford to get it reskimmed etc so any options available to me?

Edit: Can I use Easi-Flll? I see a lot of that bandied about

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back