WALLPAPER /MOLD QUESTION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
I WOULD LIKE TO WALLPAPER MY ENTERANCE OF MY HOME AND IN THE CORNER OR THE ROOM THERE APPEARS TO BE A BIT OF MOLD. DO I HAVE TO CUT THE MOLD OUT OF THE WALL OR SOMETHING OR COULD I JUST WASH IT REALLY GOOD WITH SOMETHING LIKE BLEACH OR SOMETHING TO KILL WHATEVER IS GROWING THERE AND WALLPAPER OVER IT???????
ALSO, IF I HAVE FLAWS IN THE WALL LIKE CRACKES AND STUFF CAN I WALLPAPER OVER THAT WITH SOME TEXTURED WALL PAPER OR DO I HAVE TO FIX IT FIRST....(MUDDING AND SANDING ETC..).

THIS HOUSE WE ARE LIVING IN IS JUST FOR 5 MORE YEARS OR SO, UNTIL OUR NEW HOUSE IS BUILT....THIS SECTION WILL BE TORN DOWN EVENTUALLY...SO WE DONT WANT TO SPEND TO MUCH MONEY ON IT...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO
NIKI

please see 6
Also moved as posted in wrong forum

Sponsored Links
Bleach will kill the mould ok, but mould does mean the surface was damp enough for it to grow there. That could mean lack of ventilation and so condensation, or something more serious like a defect in the damp course or brickwork. You usually get wallpaper paste that contains an anti-fungicde so using that may slow down the reappearance. No harm in just doing that for now and see what happens.
Any chance of a photo............. ;)

DON'T use vinyl-coated paper. This keeps the moisture in the wall and promotes mould growth. If you give the wall a chance to breathe you might find the damp goes away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back