wallpaper rolled-up the ''wrong way''

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon

I am not new to wallpapering but I have just had some rolls which, because of the pattern, had to be hung with the roll at the ceiling, rather than at the bottom, I paper with each sheet being offered to the wall, as opposed to cutting several sheets on the paste table, so I rerolled to give me the roll at the bottom as usual.

After this long diatribe the basic question is this, where the rolls correct or a mistake at the printers.

Peter

Sponsored Links
99 % of manafacturers will have the roll to the floor and the open end to the ceiling. Having said that there a small number who do it with the roll starting at the ceiling. It wont be rolled up wrong..just that particular manafacturer doing it that way.

Sponsored Links
Just put 18 rolls of Zambaiti Parati Italian white vinyl on a staircase. All of which was rolled the wrong way.
Just open the roll and roll it the right way on your boards. When you get good at it..it only takes a few seconds to roll the 2 ends together at speed.

I rather suspect you have brought wallpaper destined for australia. ;) :LOL:

A lot of papers are rolled 'the wrong way' especially the pricier ones..probably all down to the manufactering techniques...are you sure its not a ready pasted?..because its normal for them to be rolled arseaboutface becuase of the way you cut them and roll them up prior to putting them in a through of water.

is that what you're supposed to do?
mom used to just put the whole roll in there and pull it out like tinfoil...

Yes but not the whole roll..the water needs to get behind the folds..and, if the roll isnt 'backrolled ' it will still come out upside down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back