Desperate - Where to get another roll of wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while ago I purchased several rolls of textured vinyl wallpaper from Wickes.
I recently returned to buy another roll of the same (don't ask!!) only to find they have virtually stopped selling vinyl wallpapers.

The paper does not have a name or manufacturer simply SHADE Q1 SKU: W610404 W. Sort of magnolia with a small repeated pattern of red and gold star shaped flowers.

Question how can I go about finding out if anyone else stocks this paper if I don't have a manufacturer name.

Sponsored Links
And don't forget the batch number - its incredible how much difference ther can be between two seemingly identical papers from different batches.

Fell foul the other week - wifie had got the paper in and like a numpty I didn't check the batch numbers, half way through stood back and had a look - totally wrong shade on one roll. Had to strip back one wall and then waste half a day traipsing round the highlands tracking down the matching roll 'cos the local place where she'd got it had run out!

Best of luck!

Sponsored Links
A while ago I purchased several rolls of textured vinyl wallpaper from Wickes.
I recently returned to buy another roll of the same (don't ask!!) only to find they have virtually stopped selling vinyl wallpapers.

The paper does not have a name or manufacturer simply SHADE Q1 SKU: W610404 W. Sort of magnolia with a small repeated pattern of red and gold star shaped flowers.

Question how can I go about finding out if anyone else stocks this paper if I don't have a manufacturer name.

hi
well i knew the day would come when id feel smug that wickes made me redundant!!!!
looks like their advisors are needed after all!.i was decorative advisor and can help.tho im unpaid hehe
1,get them to do this instore and save u the runaround
2,contact head office to find which stores (pref local) have it in stock.
3,phone these stores and get someone to look at all rolls
4,u will need same sku, shade egA1 and same batch get them to reserve them for u to collect or have them transferred (manager can help here!)
tho collection can be quicker for u.
5,u will find your batch no.on the wickes label its a real bugger to find..its usually about 1mm high written in black..its there honest keep looking.
6 ensure the other store finds that batch no b4 u collect it must be in the same position as your batch no. too.
7,if they know what to look for your job will be a breeze...but if u get a numpty then give em a dig about getting rid of their trained advisors !! haha....
8 same batch will mean exact match.
if they are completely deleted stockwise u can get them to contact their supplier its all on their computer who that is..it was crown. and they will take it from there by either replacing whole amount (matching) or by sending extra rolls of that batch.

SIMPLE!!! LOL
BE INSISTENT!!as they will fob u off if they dont know what they r doing.
also point out that if u hired a decorator to fit this paper and then the batch fault was noticed once hung and dried theyd have to refund u, resupply free wallpaper and pay for your decorator (u have to provide a bill of works tho)

im so glad to help. let me know if u have any probs
lottie
the disgruntled ex employee
[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back