Wallpaper Stripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just moved into a new house and the walls are covered in woodchip wallpaper. I have tried steam and chemical strippers but it is very difficult to get the stuff off. A friend had recommended a product called Wallwik but I don't want to spend the money if it doesn't work. Has anyone used it before? Do you know who sells it?

Thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
paulry said:
Yes I have used it. The stuff is great! I had 5 layers of wallpaper in my hallway. Wallwik removed all the wallpaper in less than an hour. I would strongly recommend it! You can buy Wallwik direct on there website www.wallwik-uk.com

Hmm sounds interesting stuff. Whole hallway 1hour! 5 layers :eek:
Wonder how many litre's that took ;)

Sounds a bit like the old trick we had to use on several layers of paper, where after heavy scoring (try a piece of aluminium oxide 80 /60 grit) soak several times, then apply a thick mix of paste then cover with old newspapers, soak with a pressure sparayer and leave overnight. Takes longer than 1 hr tho. ;)

Its probably a glorified detergent...which I use in really hot water to strip most papers..it has the added benefit of leavng the wall easy to wash down after...

Woodchip is an absolute pig to get off...ass CC says score it first...theres also a tool called a hedge hog which has hundreds of sharp prongs on it...roll that over the wall first.

Ive never tried the wallpaper paste technique...ive always thought it was one of those folklore things...interesting to see it obviously does work..bet its a bit messy though....still thats what apprentices are for eh!..

'Ok son...yu clear up..i'll put the kettle on'

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
Its probably a glorified detergent...which I use in really hot water to strip most papers..it has the added benefit of leavng the wall easy to wash down after...

Woodchip is an absolute pig to get off...ass CC says score it first...theres also a tool called a hedge hog which has hundreds of sharp prongs on it...roll that over the wall first.

Ive never tried the wallpaper paste technique...ive always thought it was one of those folklore things...interesting to see it obviously does work..bet its a bit messy though....still thats what apprentices are for eh!..

'Ok son...yu clear up..i'll put the kettle on'

Hi zamp yep was a mess lol. Did that long time ago now ~~sigh, tons of paper on, but old foreman got us to do this and we all ate our words next morning when paper just fell off and plaster was saved too. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back