Wallpaper these corners?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

So I'm wallpapering this weekend.

This paper IMG-20170929-WA0002.jpg

This is the corner hurting my head, what's the best method?
IMG-20170929-WA0000.jpg

The first corner is not even at the top, out by around 2 cm.

Sponsored Links
rezarf, good evening.

As I see it, you are about to apply wall paper to an alcove? or old cupboard at the side of a fireplace perhaps?

Fast answer is to have a look at U tube, I recall seeing some footage of how to Wall paper such alcoves?

Reason I suggest the above is that to try to attempt to explain by typing is a pain and protracted

Ken.

If it's out at the top, then you've just got to decide at which point you want to match the pattern back in. You'll take the pattern into the corner, and then match it up from there. it'll be out either at the top, or the bottom, but it's best to se where you're eye falls, and then work from that point.

Level up the paper facing the room, overlap the corner by about 10/ 15mm and Make adjustments to the Pattern on the return.

Sponsored Links
cheers for the help guys,

Got it all done, worst corner was out by about 15mm. Just done my best to match up as close as possible. The OH was happy enough but would have liked it perfect. Will just need to furnish and decor around the imperfections.

This is the finished result.

I'm happy enough, but next time I think I will get someone in to straighten up the corners better.

20171011_055610.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back