Wallpapering around limestone fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Just installed a limestone fire surround and we are planning to wallpaper. The Fireplace shop says we have to seal the surround after about 4 weeks in the house to allow time for it to dry out.
The wallpaper guy was out and is a bit apprehensive cos i pointed out that it wasn't sealed and he says its impossible to avoid getting some paste on it when cutting round the surround.
So my questions are:
1. when can we wallpaper
2. what precautions can we take (masking tape etc)
3. how do i wash out paste IF some gets on the surround without freaking out??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you've answered your own question in your second point. Use masking tape and thin plastic like visquine to cover up the whole fireplace and protect it from any possible splashes or smears of paste.
If in the unlikely event you do get paste on the stone use a sponge and warm water to clean it , assuming you don't let it dry.

If you have not already bought the wallpaper, go for 'paste the wall'. I use it a lot on my jobs and I find it really difficult to make a mess. If I had my way, all wallpaper would be paste the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back