*Wallpapering Query*

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay - so, I'm about to/thinking about taking on a difficult wallpapering challenge of vertical-striped paper up and around a staircase underneath a dado rail. As hopefully you've figured, this will require the paper to be cut more or less perfectly angle-wise. Would I be able to cut the paper after it's hung, and if so, how ? Thanks for any tips or help.
Alex

Sponsored Links
You always cut wallpaper after it is hung. Cut a couple of inches over size allowing for the angle of the stairs, hang and trim ends.
Either score the paper into the skirting / dado rail, peel back and trim with scissors brush back down, or My favourite a snap off knife using a fresh blade every cut, use a straight edge pushed into the dado/ skirting hold and cut through the paper then peal away.
Expect some waste, trying to cut angles before hanging can be done but it's easy to make a mistake.
I use one of these but not as shown I just use it as a straight edge that will keep my fingers away from the blade.
Something like this will do too.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WALLPAPER...OOL-900-MM-36-034-AHNDLED-LEVEL-/201404936803
One other tip, I recently started using one of these in place of a brush and as a cutting guide in small places really good tool!
http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/z/ZINWALW/?gclid=CM6B9pWi49MCFU0Q0wodmF0LXQ

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thankyou,kind sir. I feel a lot more confident in the task now. I'm adding extra wood to my stair stringing anyway so I have a lot of leeway.
Decorating direct looks like a good site, too. Thanks !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back