Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1st time user here so hope someone can help.

I want to hang Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 and am having problems. I stripped the old lining paper off, sanded the paste off, filled the holes and then PVA (diluted) the walls. I then left the PVA to dry for 24 hours (although I must mention the room is ground floor with the floorboards exposed with draughts coming through and NO RADIATORS on the walls).

Thismorning I have tried to hang my 1st strip of paper. I applied the very thick special glue that the manufacturer supplied with a brush and my walls are 2.5 metres high. This only took 3-4 minutes. I know they say do with a roller but I find a brush easier to use and it really didn't take long!. I then went to hang the paper and the paste is totally 100% bone dry at the top. Why has it dried so quickly? Has anyone else had this problem?

Would really appreciate any advise from anyone else that has used this product or had this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the paste is being absorbed by the wall. PVA shouldn't be used as a sealer, your paper will now stick to the pva rather than the wall creating a poor surface for adhesion. A couple of guys on here suggest a thinned coat of oil based undercoat over the PVA to solve the problem. This should also give you a surface to hang to, although i was always taught not to apply OB paints to bare plaster without a coat of alkali resisting primer but i suppose your applying it to the pva not the wall, i'm not actually sure what the undercoat does to the pva/wall but it seems to work, in fact i wonder if alkali resisting primer would do the job just as well.

You don't have to paste the wall you can paste the paper if you want, its paste the wall because its non woven which means it wont expand once pasted so you don't have to allow soaking time. Application by brush or roller is fine, do whatever your most comfortable with.

MODS : we need a sticky on PVA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back