walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I removed skirting board and found the plaster (over brick) didn't reach to the floor. This was obviously deliberately done by the builders (a gap of about 2") I want to floor tile right up to the wall and not have skirting board, so I need to plaster. Can anyone think why this gap would have been left and if I'd be causing any problems by tiling the floor and plastering the wall right down to meet it. These walls were originally external walls but are now inside the house.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
This is the common way that all plasterers do. My dad retired now was a master plasterer even he did it that way. Only reason i know off is because no need to plaster all the way down, also often floors can go down after the plastering has been done.

Sponsored Links
this is the norm, plaster needs to be cut about a couple of inches from the floor especially concrete floors to reduce any rising damp (yeees missis jones).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back