want to fit Fluidmaster dual flush, need some help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my mother and father's toilet flush is playing up and they are both in their 80's and hate the lever especially now when they are having to keep pressing it loads of times to flush. They seem to get on well with buttons we think so I looked at the Fluidmaster Push Button Cable Dual-Flush Valve, which seems to get good reviews everywhere and thought that would suit them better.

They have the standard old cistern stuff at the moment, i.e. a big ball valve and don't know what you call the center flush bit bit but the one with a clear piece of plastic that eventually perishes and can be replaced. Also its a close couple toilet, I think that's what you call it (cistern sits on pan).

Anyway my questions are as follows:-

Will the Fluidmaster I mention fit a standard cistern so that the button fits where the lever was?

I looked here but it does not tell you everything

http://www.fluidmasteruk.com/our-products/flush-valves/fluidmasterr-dual-flush-valve.html

even on the pdf instructions.

Is it ok to leave the standard ball valve in place or will it foul the Fluidmaster?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Forget the flush valve, fit a Fluidmaster flapper valve.
It will gove dual flush capability and is available in a version where a button will replace the existing lever.

fluidmaster-flapper-front-36352252-1000x1000.jpg

fluidmaster-toilet-button-lever-694uk074.jpg

Sometimes the ball float can foul against any new flush valve. Fluidmaster are a good buy. Many plumbing outlets sell kits which come with a new Fluidmaster filling valve too for less than £20. And Fluidmaster also have a pro cable flush valve operated by a small lever. Don't forget to buy a new doughnut seal too.

Sponsored Links
Fit the Fluidmaster flapper and fill valve. The cistern will fill much quieter than with the old-fashioned ball valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back