Want to turn my Garage in to a bar with pool table!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After much discussion (begging) I have managed to convince wifey to let me convert our 4x7meter garage in to a bar /pool room/ gettaway...
It is situatted at the end of my garden and has a proper tiled roof on it. Right, because I a wishing to also put a T.V, stereo etc in there I am going to have to insulate it. At the moment it has air brick walls, concrete floor and an automatic garage door ( which I would still like to use). I have many questions as I have never done anything like this before, but you have to start somewhere, aye!!
1. First thing I suppose is insulating the roof. Now would I be better off putting it across the beams across the room or straight in to the roof, I I think would look alot better?
2. What matterials would be best to use, and easy as I have a pretty tight budget (part of the agreement)
3. Was thinking about using Therma-wrap premium garage door insulation?? As it is light enough for the elect door, But what to use for the sides?
4. Would I just be able to drill plasterboard straight on to the airbrick walls or do I need to put anything behind it. I.e. heard of some sort of foil??
5. Floors, might think about putting some under floor heating on the concrete?? Or just a very good underlay/ and other ideas.
well thats about it I think. Thanks for your time and any advise you can give me..
Hywel
Your cheeky London milkman

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back