Wanted: 3/8 inch 24tpi to 13mm thread drill chuck adaptor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm trying to convert my ancient Black & Decker mains drill to use a keyless chuck.

I've removed the chuck and it has what I assume is 3/8 inch 24tpi thread (male) leaving a female thread in the drill body. The keyless chuck I have needs a 13mm male thread.

Does anyone know where I can get a suitable adaptor? Male - Male 3/8" to 13mm. Been searching for hours online, haven't been able to located one yet...

TIA for any help ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks but I've already got a chuck - purchased for an SDS drill i was goinh to buy - not knowing that it alreadey had its own 'normal' chuck included! Those chucks would still need a male-male adaptor to be useful.

This is what I need but asked the seller who said the image was incorrect!

RAC3838M.JPG

Sponsored Links
Those chucks would still need a male-male adaptor to be usefu
If the thread in the chuck that sircerebus666 kindly linked to has the same thread as in your drill you would only need a length cut off a bolt of the same thread for an adaptor....price of chuck is probably less and easier to find than a step adapter for the chuck you have at the mo.

If the thread in the chuck that sircerebus666 kindly linked to has the same thread as in your drill you would only need a length cut off a bolt of the same thread for an adaptor....price of chuck is probably less and easier to find than a step adapter for the chuck you have at the mo.

If I'm reading the op right he already has the correct adapter for a 3/8 chuck , therefore like you say it will be easier and cheaper for the op to simply buy the correct sized chuck then hunt around for an adapter which in all probability doesn't exist

88247923-5E7B-43D1-868B-B3934FEC9A87.jpeg CDB933F2-7035-434F-AF9C-A14D036ECEB9.jpeg
If I'm reading the op right he already has the correct adapter for a 3/8 chuck , therefore like you say it will be easier and cheaper for the op to simply buy the correct sized chuck then hunt around for an adapter which in all probability doesn't exist
I dont think he has any adaptor just the original chuck with male thread. Best way to get an adapter is to find someone with a lathe to knock one out or use the one in your link with a cut off machine bolt.

Here we go: Main reason for not wanting to buy another chuck is what to do with this one - been for sale on eBay for months no-one interested...

chucks.jpg

The SDS Adaptor portion seems thick enough to cut a thread into but might be hardened. Needs lathe as dies (available) would give wonky result...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back