Wanted Vaillant expert in SW15

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 630 system boiler that heats rads & water in my 4 bed Victorian terraced house in SW15. It was fitted 3 years ago by a pretty incompetent heating engineer engaged by the builder. A local heating engineer has been servicing it since. He does a good job and has ironed out a couple of issues caused by the poor installation but he is not an expert.

The system has never really performed as well as I'd hoped. It is very sensitive to balancing and heat load on earlier rads so some rads later in the circuit often don't warm up. I want advice from someone who really knows their stuff.

I recently had a 75 fault code and I understand that Vaillant will supply a mod kit to prevent recurrence. I want to get a really experienced Vaillant heating engineer to install the mod kit and do a general diagnosis & optimisation of the system. Can any recommend anyone in SW London?

Sponsored Links
Generally the mod kit is NOT required to get these models to operate satisfactorily.

There are a few parts which need to be checked and set correctly. Sometimes the pressure sensor needs to be replaced but not always.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks @snes for the link to http://www.vaillantservicing.co.uk/. In fact my local guy found that website. I have pinged him.

@Bunnyman whilst you might not make it down here, I'd still value your opinion on the mod kit. Mark at http://www.vaillantservicing.co.uk/ seems to suggest it is something that Vaillant should supply FOC to all owners whereas @Agile disagrees. When I contacted Vaillant they denied any knowledge of any mod kit. Do you agree with Mark or @Agile?

Can anyone tell me the part # of the mod kit or a link to order it?

@samwardill

Vaillant part number 0020023721

This will need to be fitted by an RGI as there are tests that need to be done afterwards to ensure safe operation.

Jon

3 year old 630 won't require the F.75 kit as sensor was relocated.
An additional pump may be required due to resistance of heat exchanger on the 630.
I've solved many issues associated with these boilers , if you're prepared to pay for whatever may be necessary you'll end up with a fully working system.

3 year old 630 won't require the F.75 kit as sensor was relocated.

Would someone mind having a look at the photo of the boiler and serial # I've posted here (https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive...b1rM5YpzT3q?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy) to confirm. The guy that services my boiler said that he spoke to Vaillant, gave them the serial # and they confirmed the kit was required. Looking at the position of the pressure sensor (on the far left just before the Heat Exchange) it now makes sense to me (with my limited knowledge of the situation) that the kit may not be required after all.

An additional pump may be required due to resistance of heat exchanger on the 630.
I've solved many issues associated with these boilers , if you're prepared to pay for whatever may be necessary you'll end up with a fully working system.

I am indeed prepared to pay to get this working properly. My original post was a request for a "Vaillant expert in SW15".

How many rads is it supplying? Probably needs range rating as much as anything

Thirteen.

I have never needed to fit one of those kits to solve an F75 fault.

Nor should you be opening the room sealed case of the boiler. That should only be done by an RGI.

You first asked for an expert on the 31st January this year. Three months have passed since them.

You don't seem to be in much of a hurry to spend your money!

In fact you seem to want to buy and fit a Vaillant kit yourself!

Tony

I have never needed to fit one of those kits to solve an F75 fault.

Nor should you be opening the room sealed case of the boiler. That should only be done by an RGI.

You first asked for an expert on the 31st January this year. Three months have passed since them.

You don't seem to be in much of a hurry to spend your money!

In fact you seem to want to buy and fit a Vaillant kit yourself!

Tony

I'm definitely not planning to do this myself. I'm happy to share the correspondence I've had with my regular (CORGI registered) service technician and the invoice for the work he did to replace the pressure sensor if you don't believe me.

My regular (CORGI registered) service technician told me that there is no issue for a layman to remove the boiler cover.

Indeed I asked for an expert on 31st January and I have not had any response so I'm still looking! It is not urgent. The F75 fault was fixed by replacing the pressure sensor. I'm investigating the kit in order to prevent recurrence. I'm likely to move out and let the house and I can't afford recurrence when the property is tenanted.

The poor heat distribution is a long term issue that is manageable when I live here but not if I move out and the house is tenanted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back