Wardrobe exposed back wall - Add back panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have built-in wardrobe with no back panel so the wall is exposed. It is an outside wall so considerable amount of dampness and mould forming at the top inside wardrobes. To avoid cold air in the wardrobe and also to look better, I am considering the following options.

1. Cover the exposed wall inside the wardrobe with 1/2" plywood. Attach it the wall and screw it in.

2. Damp proof paint/membrane on the wall and then attach the plywood

Any suggestions if damp proof is needed or is it an over kill? Or alternate suggestions please?

The issue with mould is very likely to be less air circulation in the room and I fully understand fixing plywood to wall does not solve the problem, I plan to install some kind of ventilation system. Reason for attaching a back panel is purely to avoid cold feel inside the wardrobe and to look better.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back