warix flange woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a new shower pump and bought a 22mm warix flange as advised in the installation guide, but when I disconnected the flange on top of the cylinder it turned out to be a 3/4" outlet. The warix is obviously 1" does anybody know if there is an adaptor available, 1" female to 3/4" male, that will allow me to fit it. The guide states that all pipes should be of 22mm and if I fit a 3/4" warix obviously the outlets are 15mm. And it's bloody Sunday :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So if I fitted a 3/4" warix and used 15mm to 22mm reducers would this work? I'm a little concerned about voiding the warrenty on the pump.

Looks like a job for the trusty old Essex flange to be cut into the side of the cylinder (but not on a Sunday!) - or change the cylinder!

thanx guys guess it'll have to be the 3/4" warix at least I can get one of those in BandQ on a Sunday.

I know the thread is old but reply posted for other DIY'ers .......

I had the same problem, Warix flangs with 3/4 male thread and a 1" male thread on the cylinder.

Screwfox do a Salamander S flange for the top of the cylinder (same as Warix). This comes with a 1" female adapter.

The Salamander S flange is very good as it has compression fittings at the top and side (side is 22mm), top can either be 22mm if you use the adapter ring that comes with it or 28mm without. I came out of the top using the 22mm compression fitting with the adapter and bought a 22mm screw cap for the side out from Wickes. Job was easy.

Rocking the tank partly out in order to get enough space to stick the flange in the top of it in a confined space, was not!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back