Warm air at Risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Legion

Warm air unit with no return duct, loads in flats that I attend, now this is classed as at risk I believe, is this correct? most flats connected to one duct for warm air only hot water via multipoint. Wot`s the verdict peeps?

Sponsored Links
still yet to come across a warm air unit with no return path.

pictures please

All sharing same flue sorry will get piccies but all in a cupboard with no return air duct just a big square on top with a mesh guard, johnson and starley will get more details when I can get back to one. Block of flats. It`s at risk now isn`t it? I should shut the whole block down then? How do I post piccies?

Sponsored Links
return path is usually via grills in the doors,not necessarily a duct.

Sharing the same flue, are we talking se duct or u duct.

Positive return air connection in a compartment is not required? room sealed SE duct system.

Posative return air connection became mandatory in appliances fitted after 1970 either rigid or flex duct through the compartment,sealed and to a grill into a room not containing another OF.

Reasoning behind is you dont want the return air mixing with the combustion air. Dependent upon spillge tests etc if your appliance is before that date it could be argued as little as NCS.

Posative return air connection became mandatory in appliances fitted after 1970 either rigid or flex duct through the compartment,sealed and to a grill into a room not containing another OF.

Reasoning behind is you dont want the return air mixing with the combustion air. Dependent upon spillge tests etc if your appliance is before that date it could be argued as little as NCS.

So what about fitting a new one? a certain firm I know are installing new for old in flats as we speak still without return air connection.I`m sure I have just read that any unit without a positive return air connection is now classed as `At Risk` One for ChrisR here, what`s the situation, you may be assessing and failing me here.

as we're no longer pre 1970 what do you think..... :?:

Depends what the MI's say though. ;)

missed the room sealed bit.. :oops:

Legiron make up your mind. :rolleyes: next you'll change it to a combi. ;) fitted in the compartment..... ;)

SO you reckon you've got a bunch of open flued appliances connected to a SE duct. They're all Immediately Dangerous then. Cap the lot off.

Either that or stop making things up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

missed the room sealed bit.. :oops:

Legiron make up your mind. :rolleyes: next you'll change it to a combi. ;) fitted in the compartment..... ;)

Yeah, sorry I haven`t been to one for a while although I have the qualification, Don`t ask me how I got tumble dryers :rolleyes: It`s just that I pass them on way to multipoint/cookers and had noticed that they don`t have a return connection, when I done me elements nearly five years ago they had a return which you had to check for splits /damage etc. I`m due retest soon so trying to get up to speed via here and me books.

SO you reckon you've got a bunch of open flued appliances connected to a SE duct. They're all Immediately Dangerous then. Cap the lot off.

Either that or stop making things up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yep, I`m a D*ick room sealed, been a while, nearly five years ok enjoy it Chris. Doesn`t require return connection. I am stressing out a bit keep seeing the burner with permanent pilot and thinking open flue. Please forgive me. Has anyone mentioned flyscreens to you by the way? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back