Warm air heating, moving vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am creating an open plan space between kitchen and dinning room and looking to blank off one of my warm air heating vents and move the other ever so slightly.

P61tkQR.jpg

LdKDzlR.jpg

Is this an easy task? Standard pieces to extend the existing air duct? Good way to block the existing one for removing the vent?

Not sure what the name of these would be to start searching for parts. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depending at what is under the floor boards it could be an easy or difficult alteration. Your wau gas servicing technician could have information with regard to duct & fittings supply.

did a similar alteration a few years ago,no fittings were readily available. The only solution was to have some ducting & bends prefabricated by a local sheet metal works.
Is this an easy task?
Again it depends what is under the floorboards.:cautious:

Depending at what is under the floor boards it could be an easy or difficult alteration. Your wau gas servicing technician could have information with regard to duct & fittings supply.

did a similar alteration a few years ago,no fittings were readily available. The only solution was to have some ducting & bends prefabricated by a local sheet metal works.

Again it depends what is under the floorboards.:cautious:

I guess one option is to reuse some of the ducting from the one we no longer wish to use and extend the left one a little.

Sponsored Links
yes,there are options. if those grilles are on the end of the under floor duct run then it is somewhat easier.

Will the single grille supply sufficient heat to both rooms ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back