Warm Flat Roof Joining/ Venting Into Existing Cold Pitched Roof HELP!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I hope this is the right place, I have recently had some building work done but am perplexed by what has been left on the join between the new flat warm roof, and original pitched roof (cold?)

I have done a sketch of what The situation looks like, which I hope makes sense but the short and long of it is that from within the old "cold loft" you can see into the "warm" roof. This to me does not seem right as surely all the heat from the new build is going straight into the ventilated old loft and then lost?

Can someone with the appropriate know-how give me some feedback on what can be done to fix this (if it is incorrect?)

I will post some further images shortly taken from inside the loft which i hope will further illustrate the point.

Many Thanks

sWLma1s.jpg

eIC2zde.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.fw.png
    Untitled-1.fw.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 3,340
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Its wrong and theres no point keeping the void open -the warm roof is closed so offers no ventilation.

I would think the warm roof need closing with vertical insulation.

Loft probably needs some form of tile vent to replace loss of eves ventilation and maintain cross flow.

Thanks for the fast reply, can anyone here recommend an appropriate product to seal the gap with? I know some of the insulation boards are foiled on one side for moisture purposes, I don't want to inadvertently cause another issue by trying to sort this one.

Many Thanks

Its going to be virtually impossible now to create a perfect seal so you may as well use the loft insulation and monitor the loft. you could put in a few lap vents to help with air flow.

Sponsored Links
I know this was a while ago but I find myself in exactly the same situation, in fact the pictures could easily be of my loft space it's that similar. I'm curious to know what you did about the void and if you needed extra vents in the pitch. Our build was finished only 2 months ago and already the void in mouldy and saturated with condensation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back