Warm Front Grant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to offer my customers this grant,
but i'm only aloud the £300 pound grant, that's if the eaga preferred installers aren't interested,
i thought that when i joined the warm front scheme that i would be on the list of local installers, not so,
if the customer knows your on the scheme then they can ask you to quote.
A list of eaga approved installers goes to the customer the nearest one i saw was 80 miles away,the furthest 385 miles, me 3 miles away not on the list!
If you inform the customer of the scheme and they are eligable for the full £2700 grant, Eaga will not let you have the job, they use there own approved installers,
even when my customer insists on using my services, they said i wasn't on the scheme when she gave them my ref number, they still refused saying i was only aloud the £300 grant.

How many more jobs can i lose, do i not tell these OAPs of the grant, which wouldn't be fair on them.

How this scheme is FAIR for the OAPs i don't know, when a company can monopolize who gets the grants!

Then charge £500 on top of the grant.

There is no other way of offering the grants to customers as eaga is the only company as far as i know whom the government has aloud to FAIRLY distribute the so called energy saving grant!

They also charge £50 admin so £300 becomes £250

Sorry don't mean to rant, has anybody else had similar dealings??

Nick.

Sponsored Links
Most of the oaps where I am know of or are aware of this scheme but in any event I inform them if their boiler is done in and have had a few of them give me the job anyway cause there is an eight month waiting time and it's means tested.

I have nothing to do with the scheme and don;t get involved except to condemn boilers to start the ball rolling for those oaps who want to take advantage.

Its totally a scam which is unlikely to even be matched by anything in Nigeria.

The dreadful thing is that NO ONE in the Government is in the slightest bit interested.

The Ombudsman should take it on board but the means tested people are mostly less qualified and unable to argue at a high level.

Same really with most gas installers for that matter!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back