Warm Front grant - bypassing Eagaheat

1CANHELP
I Think your words are a little harsh, ok he was not correct with his facts, but at least he is polite!!

Sponsored Links
We are doing a eaga funded install on the 21st of this month , full grant one , we are not reg with them & have never had any contact with them , this would be the 2nd one we have done e.g full grant install , I am not working for them & I am not subbying to them !!! We are working directly for the landlord's estate !!

If thats the case then why dont you tell us how that comes about and how the OP can achieve the same result?

We are doing a eaga funded install on the 21st of this month , full grant one , we are not reg with them & have never had any contact with them , this would be the 2nd one we have done e.g full grant install , I am not working for them & I am not subbying to them !!! We are working directly for the landlord's estate !!

I wondered about this when it was originally posted. Transam, not saying you are wrong but it flies against everything I've learned in the four year working on the scheme.

BTW: Eaga operate the scheme for the government. They find the applicants assess them and pass the work through to the contractors.

eagaheat (formally Iguana) are a contractor to the scheme. There are over 150 other contractors across the country.

Because there were many difficulties in getting contractors to survey consistently to the spec across the country most surveys are now being done by direct employed surveyors working for WarmSure the service arm of eaga that look after post install problems and annual servicing.

Contractors now have to bid for each install when it is posted, obviously lowest price wins. Installers are doing jobs at cost to keep the fitters busy then picking up private clients as and when the can.

There is or should be an element of picking your own contractor (from the WarmFront list) but I don't work in the area that is implemented in so don't know how that works.

Talk about ungratefull-Ive grafted all my life and if and when my heating has failed ive had to do without,
Isnt it good enough that your getting a grant and the work done.
Dont get me wrong ive no problem with helping the needy but these grants are being given to the wrong people your landlord should be sorting this for u and paying-end off.

But never mind well all work till were 75 too pay for it all-5uckin stinks

It wouldnt be as bad if the work was spread around and filted into work for all the independants as has been suggested but it doesnt in reality

Sponsored Links

I wondered about this when it was originally posted. Transam, not saying you are wrong but it flies against everything I've learned in the four year working on the scheme.

We did a grant funded full install some years ago for a big land owner down this way , in a tenanted property as it was his property he insisted that he should have some influence as to who & what was installed , hence our invovement , The 2nd one is again for the same person in another tenanted property there were or was some problems with the tenant hence our invovement , at present it is on hold as she was taken ill but we do have the go ahead , we are not reg' with eaga !

Dunno if it makes any difference ? but the land owner in question is worth squillions sits in the house of lords , recently got £70,000,000 for gas drilling rights on his land , & he actually gets a grant :)

The landlord doesn't get the grant but the tenant is the one who's assessed.

I would imagine the fact that his lordship is worth squillions would make a difference.

Went to a client today who's brother is looking after his disabled mother. She lives with him so I recomended they apply there and then. Turned down as she's not the householder or a tenant. Can't figure that one as I done jobs for well off parents witha a disabled child.

We have had several customers recently who are unable to wait the 6 months for the install ! & have had to pay for it themselves , one couple in there late 70's , she is losing her sight , husband is terminal , no heating , 6 month waiting list !

And because they are paying & therefore technically refusing the full grant , they are not entitled to the £300 grant either !!

Yes u are right it is the tenant who gets the grant , but the it adds value ?? to a wealthy persons property , which I must admit does not sit right with me , than again we get work off of them !

We have had several customers recently who are unable to wait the 6 months for the install ! & have had to pay for it themselves , one couple in there late 70's , she is losing her sight , husband is terminal , no heating , 6 month waiting list !

And because they are paying & therefore technically refusing the full grant , they are not entitled to the £300 grant either !!

Yes u are right it is the tenant who gets the grant , but the it adds value ?? to a wealthy persons property , which I must admit does not sit right with me , than again we get work off of them !

Yes, I often hear this. Trouble is the grant is to reduce the amount of the weekly income spent on fuel for those in fuel poverty, not an emergency service. Planned upgrade if you like. If someone has an urgent problem really social services and the local authority are the way to go.

Last year the grant went up £700 per client. That meant fewer clients per yearly budget although that went up as well. The scheme went back into past jobs that hadn't gone ahead because the clients couldn't afford the excess and tried to get those started again and many more people are now aware of the scheme - outcome was that in Sept last year the whole years budget was drained and people have had to wait till April and the new financial year before installers could be given work the and paid for it.

It wasn't unusal for me to got to applicants who had waited 10 months for the survey and still have to wait another 6-12weeks for the install. They all got letters explaining this but it doesn't help when your cold.

Went to one yesterday where the woman had been subjected to life's turmoils and was a bit dazed by it. She had had not heating or water for 18 months. Lived with a gas fire and a kettle. Insulation contractor went round there a few days ago and knocked the arem of the ballvalve in the F&E. Paradise for her.

Why didn't she or her family get a heating engineer round? Who knows!

It'll be interesting to see what the government does with this; it wants to cut back but slicing 12-30% of carbon emmissions to fuel poor people is effective bang for buck when compared to the cost of cleaning up powerstation emissions trying to reduce vehicle emmissions etc.

I still am amazed at how many 1" gravity primary F&R poorly or non-lagged cylinder and one pipe heating systems with little control there are out there.

Yes, I often hear this. Trouble is the grant is to reduce the amount of the weekly income spent on fuel for those in fuel poverty, not an emergency service. Planned upgrade if you like. If someone has an urgent problem really social services and the local authority are the way to go.

Well that may be the case but the problem is that its apparently only given wnen the boiler is not working.

I had to go and repair a boiler so they could have heating and hot water during the 6-10 weeks delay until the boiler was actually replaced.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back