Warm Front grant - bypassing Eagaheat

Sponsored Links
I think there is a claw back on owners who sell too soon. But how could there be any clawback on floating tenants?

Tony

I've fitted replacement boilers, under the scheme,in properties with a for sale sign up in the garden :rolleyes:

The basis of the scheme is a good idea, the way in which it is implemented is full of failures.

I think you can ask to use another company if you are not happy, although being eagaheat, thats probably not going to happen.

At least Eaga plc used to hide under a differant name (iguana), now they are blatently taking the ****. Did you know they are the second biggest heating company in the UK now, and have contracts in my area for local councils etc?

We are doing a eaga funded install on the 21st of this month , full grant one , we are not reg with them & have never had any contact with them , this would be the 2nd one we have done e.g full grant install , I am not working for them & I am not subbying to them !!! We are working directly for the landlord's estate !!

Sponsored Links
We are doing a eaga funded install on the 21st of this month , full grant one , we are not reg with them & have never had any contact with them , this would be the 2nd one we have done e.g full grant install , I am not working for them & I am not subbying to them !!! We are working directly for the landlord's estate !!
But you said, in another topic, that the landlord (or should it be lord of the land?) has enough clout and influence to overcome such trivialities as only being able to use Eaga appointed installers.

I don't think that would apply to the humble serfs who inhabit this forum. :LOL:

I appreciate that the grants are technically available to tenants.
There's no "technically" about it. Tenants are entitled to a grant if they meet the necessary criteria.

Otherwise anyone who wanted a free boiler would temporarily rent the property to a destitute and get the Warmfront grant !
The "tenant", because the criteria is income based, will invariably be receiving housing benefit. As this is not payable until the Council has has inspected the tenancy agreement and would be unlikely to accept one which is for less than a year, I doubt if such a scenario could happen.

In any case the tenant could not be evicted from the property without a court order. And I can see the judge querying why the owner had moved into other (presumably rented) accommodation and now wants his own house back.

Furthermore, all the Councils and Housing Associations would do the same and save stacks of money on all their properties.
No they can't! It only applies to tenants in PRIVATE rented accommodation.

I think there is a claw back on owners who sell too soon. But how could there be any clawback on floating tenants?
No, in both cases.

Tony
[/quote]

D Hailsham,

Don't waste your time trying to explain anything to Tony the semi skilled, short course trained idiot. His arrogance and the fact he thinks he knows everything about everything knows no bounds.

This is typical of sad old men who are not trained properly, they feel they need to prove something at every turn and invaribly make an a4se of themselfs as Tony does frequently.

That old git wouldn't know where to start either doing a full install or running a large heating install contract.

Just keep stripping they Biasi boilers down old man and leave the real work to real tradesmen/businessmen.

But you said, in another topic, that the landlord (or should it be lord of the land?) has enough clout and influence to overcome such trivialities as only being able to use Eaga appointed installers.

I don't think that would apply to the humble serfs who inhabit this forum. :LOL:

Do not see why not , if a tenant has obtained a grant , surely the owner of the property must have some say as to what is installed & who does the job ?? granted the bloke in question probably does have more clout than most of us , they filmed the Harrry Potter movies on his estate , well the great hall ? scenes any way !!

Thank you for thoughts and comments - it does seem as though there isn't an option to use another installer.

In theory you SHOULD be able to let another installer do the work and you SHOULD be able to have a better boiler than an Ideal.

BUT the actuality is that its VERY difficult. A few people have succeeded but not very many!

Tony

Not sure why you're getting such a hard time on this forum T, yes you may be a CCC, but I've found your posts very informative & knowing you from a number of other forums - over a few years, I find you take my ribbing in good part & I value you as an on-line chum.

Your opinion is your opinion, it's a free country, so people don't need to read it, agree or disagree...............So keep it up.... ;)

I am eligble for a Warmheat grant, because of disablity.

I need a replacement boiler, but the system is old and the pipes are single open vented system (No return )--- which I have been told would also have to be replaced to cope with a new boiler.

That means the whole central heating system would need replacing. Plus? the removal of the cold and hot water tanks now in the smallest bedroom.

I have been told that all the pipes would be left exposed, and that I cannot have the radiators under the windows -where they are currently sited, becuse of doors and fitted furniture. Or the boiler placed under the stairs or in the pantry area-it has to be in the kitchen.

What are the specifications that are set out for the installation under the grant scheme? Does anyone know? or is this the decison of the company?

any advice please? :(

What is it with this site with people jumping on each other when we get summit wrong? Surely we cant be spot on all the time?

To answer the original question. You are stuck with Eaga. BUT...if you and/or your landlord have serious reservations about the spec, then you have every right to raise those concerns with Eaga and hopefully negotiate a system that suits your needs/requirements better.

There is plenty of scope in that kind of pricing bracket and no reason on earth why you cannot get a decent system installed, but you need to be sure of what it is you want, and then ask for it, and don't accept no for an answer.

Who knows..Eagas stewardship might well have a fairly short lifespan from hereon if my spies are correct, but you are stuck with them.

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back