Warm Front

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An elderly customer of mine has waited months before Warm Front came to assess whether she qualified for a grant for a replacement boiler. Eventually someone came and inspected the existing installation and he was in her house for less than 5 minutes. After several more months she got a visit from their "approved" installer who was also there for 5 minutes and he told her that he would be there next Monday to carry out the job. He didn't show and she called me for some advice. I called Warm Front and pretended to be her nephew whilst raising her concerns. When asked why there was no specification for the job or ID for the installer I got a load of waffle. When I asked what the boiler was going to be it was clear that the Warm Front engineer had overlooked the water softener. My customer was so dismayed that she has told them to forget it and instructed me to carry out the work. It took two of us 2 long days to carry out the work, so god only knows what kind of rubbish job this guy would have done in one day! Warm front take the tax payers money and keep it all to themselves by only "approving" companies that they actually own. It's a blatant scam and I can't believe that they are still getting away with it. My customer has written to her MP and I intend to support her however I can in trying to put and end to this. If anyone has any other similar stories please let me know. GMG

Sponsored Links
Apologies, but please indulge a frustrated newbie. Is it that everyone knows about this scandal but just shrugs their shoulders and can't be arsed?

Sponsored Links
Yes, the brown paper envelope will have a new address on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back