choosing a warm front contactor

Do not accept the ideal . TELL them you want another make even if ( and it shouldnt) takes the price above 3500 . The ideal will cost a fortune in breakdowns .
As for keepin some back thats nonsense cavity wall insulation is only 100 quid now and lofts are getting done for 150

Sponsored Links
OP Ideal Icos/Isar/Evo are carp boilers. out of the 10 we inadvertantly fitted a few years ago
8 have had PCB retro kits at £212 a time
1 has had a Spark generator unit
1 has been replaced completely due to leaks
3 have had the bottom parts replaced Diverter valve or just heads

I am currently trying to get Ideal to pay for a PCB which failed in 23 months despite the boiler having a 3 year warranty.

STEER CLEAR OF IDEAL :evil:

The guy came out today said they would fit an ideal icos as he has old radiators and they would not take a combi

doesn't mean you have to have a icos. Any heat only boiler will be ok, and you DO NOT want this piece of junk in your house.

Sponsored Links
From the mouth of ideal rep in plumb centre the other day promoting new boiler.
We have decided not to make sh~te boilers anymore this is state of the art and the combustion box air intake etc has been designed by.................................... wait for it ..........Aston Martin..

He even said if anyone needs a board for an icos/isar to just phone him as he doesnt think its right people should have to buy them......

All said wih a straight face

If you want to do your dad a favour, tell him to leave warmfront alone, they deliver poor value for money, if not to say a poor job altogether.

He even said if anyone needs a board for an icos/isar to just phone him as he doesnt think its right people should have to buy them......

All said wih a straight face

We have no way of knowing if this is genuine or if you are making it up!

Why not post up, or email, his name and number so that we can take him up on this. Or even post it in the closed CC forum for gas engineers.

Tony

WHY would i make it up ,
Secondly WHY would i ask an Ideal rep his name or contact details. Its a product i have no interest in whatsoever. And i will never be in the position where i need the money that much that i will go and fix one.
I am sure you will make yourself known at the Ideal stand at installer live and you can ask them who the rep is for Northants /leics area is and you can then ask for one

The Ideal rep was failing in his duties if he did not make sure you took his business card!

Whilst Ideal boilers may not be the most reliable they certainly create a lot of work for boiler engineers.

If boilers did not break down I would have nothing to do!

Tony

Unlike yourself tony i dont have to take the crumbs that are thrown .
I make a very very good living picking and choosing my work and not just taking anything that comes along.

And was the ideal rep expected to twist ny arn untill i accepted a card.

A simple your stuff is sh~te mate (except the classic) so dont waste your time is sufficient to be left in peace to carry on buying what i was there for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back