Warmflow boiler issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my old well serviced warmflow oil boiler is playing up. Last night my heating came on but I noticed the rads were not warm. Looked at boiler and red reset but was lit. I pressed it and I fired up fine. But every time the heating switched off when it reached temp or timer switched it off it won’t fire up when told to. Red light again and when pressed was starting up ok. Now today this is still red light on but won’t fire now.
Plenty of oil. When I hit the reset button now the blower starts and the oil pump kicks in but won’t fire now.
Help appreciated

Sponsored Links
How do you know the oil pump kicks in? If you hear it click and it fails to light, can you withdraw the burner and see if the blast tube is wet? What model burner do you have?

Because I unscrewed the bleed valve and it’s pumping out. I changed the filter at the tank as it was full of crud. I also drained 50ltrs from bottom of tank to check fir water but oil was clean and no water. I also removed and cleaned the photo cell sensor in case that was an issue
The boiler is an old warm flow with a Reillo Burner RBD 20 years old but serviced regularly
I’ve rebleed after doing above and it won’t fire up still.
Should I remove the burner and see if oil spray from jet and a spark is there? Could it be a blocked jet?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The Riello fuel pump will pump out of the bleed valve as soon as it starts to spin. You need to put apressure gauge in the end and see if the pressure rises to the operating pressure. If you don't have a gauge, then remove the burner but make sure it is pointing where it can do no damage if it should light, and you can then check the spray. Checking for a spark is a bit more difficult as you need to look into the burner, bearing in mind if you let stray light in it will just remain in prepurge.

Thanks, I have a new spare jet and I’ll check tomorrow if any spray or ignition is present if not I will replace the fuel pump it’s years old and won’t do any harm
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back