Warmflow Combi boiler 70/90 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently our water nor rads have not been heating.
We thought it was because we were low on oil close to empty so we refilled it thinking that was the simple solution

So when we start the boiler, it fires up. I have took the red casing off front and can see the flame through a little hole. All the pipes around the boiler are roasting hot but no rads nor water are warm, not even a tad warm. The green box becomes very hot. Our pressure is at 1bar.

Just before I post this, I turned it on again and the boiler starts up but the riello does not, not until I flick the temperature above 75 then I hear it start. When I turn it back down to 68 70, it stops.

I noticed (pic 2) a value that is closed. I am not sure what it is for but its always been closed and worked before. Was just curious what it is for.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Probably heating pump seized or failed. The green round thing. The valve you say is shut is open( slot inline of pipe is open) and it is above I think an auto by-pass. Leave alone as it doesn't need touching. If the "green box" (pump) is roasting it will be seized. You could take out the centre screw and give it a spin with a small screwdriver and it may start. If not new pump required.

Thanks, will give that a go.

The valve is question was closed, I opened it to see what it would do then took the photo. Sorry. Didnt realise the photo shown it open. So to correct, its usually closed not like the photo....

Just checked the heating pump, took the nut off and its spinning around fine.

Sponsored Links
Just noticed your white boxes which are motorised valves. They are not wired up so will not be open. Lever on side to open. Or this is a wind up.

I thought they were just to control heat to upstairs or downstairs. Our heating has been fine for the past 2 years until now and they have never been connected.

The pipes leading upstairs get very hot as do the ones for the downstairs leading into the floor but the rads dont heat at all.

As I said, it was all working fine 3 days ago for past 2 years. Nothing was touched

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back