Warmflow combi utility 70 won't work both heating and water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

New guy here...I've got an oil warmflow combi utility 70 that won't run both rads and hot water? On the timer I can select 'on' for the heating or hot water and individually will run great I can't select both to come on? am I missing something or do I need a new clock/timer?

Thanks
Kev

Sponsored Links
Both to come on ? Combi is always priority to hw and will not give heating if water is getting called for

Combis don't need a timer for HW , its always on. Boiler fires up when you turn on hot tap. Combi boiler just needs a timer and thermostat for the CH or a programmable thermostat. ???

If I put the water on, on the timer I get a little green light indicating it is on...when I then put the heating on I get a yellow light...and vise/versa

Sponsored Links
What programmer do you have? What boiler is it, high efficiency or standard efficiency?
Oil combi's have programmed timing for water, unlike gas boilers.

Combis don't need a timer for HW , its always on. Boiler fires up when you turn on hot tap. Combi boiler just needs a timer and thermostat for the CH or a programmable thermostat. ???
It is an oil boiler, they do use timers for HW they dont work the same as a gas combi, they have a heat store for when HW is called for, that is what the timer controls

Hi Gents yes it a HE boiler...here's a link to what I mean above...had another play around again today...I can put each HW or CH on separately but not both at the same time...am I missing something with the timer?

If you switch both channels on, does just the hw channel light up? Once the hot water is up to temperature, does that light go out and the heating come on? The heating will not operate until the heatstore is satisfied. This may take up to 15 mins.

I'll have to double check again next week I'm at the property if the lights stay on...but which ever one I put on first is what operates, and it gets to temperature very quick for the CH , like 5 mins and all rads are toasty, the HW takes about 10 mins to warm the heatstore up. When I just select the HW I can hear something firing up to warm it up, but when the CH is on and I then select the HW nothing fires up? hope that makes sense...

I think a full test is difficult to try and talk you through. You need a multimeter and the top of the control panel removed and you can then follow the fault finding guide. All oil combi's give priority to hot water, so if you switch both on together from cold, you'll get no heat until the heatstore is satisfied. I take it you are not living on site at the moment so maybe you do not see the full sphere of operation.

I think a full test is difficult to try and talk you through. You need a multimeter and the top of the control panel removed and you can then follow the fault finding guide. All oil combi's give priority to hot water, so if you switch both on together from cold, you'll get no heat until the heatstore is satisfied. I take it you are not living on site at the moment so maybe you do not see the full sphere of operation.
Thanks for the advice mate much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back