Warmflow Heating OK but Water not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a old Warmflow oil boiler which I mainly use for heating water. last week had oil delivery and hotwater stopped. cant hear pump kick in. however put heating on and it works but hotwater still does not. Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
I am not intimately familiar with your own boiler but assume its a heat only boiler and you have a hot water cylinder?

If so the its likely to be a programmer or motor valve fault.

Tony

Thank you Tony - will have a look at programmer first. Form other posts I think some have suggested Warmflow has two pump system

Sponsored Links
It's not programmer. Changed it.Some models talk about trip switch if gets too hot but I can't locate this. Bit anxious about getting plumber in coz I know they will just say I need a new boiler but I don't have money and i am sure it's simple solution. Does it gave two pumps? Hence heating works but not water? Can I replace pump ?

Do you have any valves? Are they controlled by thermostats? More system info is needed.

Honeywell valve motor failure was the issue.
Thank you oil head you were on the right track. Problem now sorted - did a crash course on Saturday. Basically have two mechanical valves- one for heat one for hot water. For those that don't know what these look like go on YouTube and search for Honeywell Boiler valve. You may have a different make but principles same. Replacing motor shown along with other typical issues. Cost £15 to get replacement motor from wickes although could have got cheaper off internet if patient. Basically new control panel was ok and then checked electricity was getting to valve with light on screwdriver. So then focused on valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back