Warning lamp puzzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SEAT Altea, 07 plate.
Yellow lamp on the dash -a picture of a flat tyre in cross section.
According to the hand book, naturally enough, this designates low tyre pressures from the valve sensor(s).
Trouble is, this car hasn't got any tyre sensors, and never has had :confused:
Any comments about this, anyone? I realise that pressures can be indirectly monitored by the ABS system, but the pressures were spot on before this happened!
Cheers!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Civics can detect a change in tyre pressure due to the circumference of the wheel changing and it's picked by a sensor which also uses the ABS ring.

I'm sure the same system is used on this car........what spooks me though is that the tyre pressures were fine when the light came on.
I'm wondering if an ABS issue is next!

But probably a bit of dirt sitting on one of the ABS wheel speed sensors. Might not come back if you clear the fault codes?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried simply resetting it? Usually done by locating the button, pressing & holding :)

Can you give me some clues about the reset.....which button would it be?
(The car isn't here just now, but may appear later in the week).

The button is usually located in the Center console by the handbrake lever, it will have a pic on it the same as the warning lamp :)

Or you're constantly driving around in circles, I'll get my coat :LOL:

This might help.

http://www.seatia.com/secon-890.html

I know my Alhambra worked the same way, so probably all SEATS do. Just press and hold the Tyre Pressure Monitoring switch with the ignition on until you hear a beep. I take it she's not got a wrong-sized tyre on one corner has she?

This might help.

http://www.seatia.com/secon-890.html

I know my Alhambra worked the same way, so probably all SEATS do. Just press and hold the Tyre Pressure Monitoring switch with the ignition on until you hear a beep. I take it she's not got a wrong-sized tyre on one corner has she?

Thanks for the link - much appreciated!
Unless I'm not getting the full story - which wouldn't surprise me - the lamp just came on one day and stopped on. I checked the tyre pressures (all within 3 psi, unusually) and that made no difference. The tyres are all in good condition.
I won't see the car until next week, and I'll check out that switch......although I don't recall seeing it before.

Sponsored Links
Back