Warning. Petrol station danger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This morning I had a harrowing experience.
Called into local petrol station to top up.
spilt a very small amount of petrol on me coat sleeve.
Went inside to pay and also to ask for a cloth to wipe the petrol off.
Bloke behind the counter was having a smoke .
The fumes from the petrol on my sleeve ignited.
Fire brigade and police attended.
Did the bloke get done for having a smoke in such a dangerous place? NO.
I got arrested for having a Fire - Arm though :cry:

Sponsored Links
That-Is-Interesting-Fall_asleep.jpg

Sponsored Links
I remember once helping a mate fix his motor bike. We wheeled it into my garage then we drained the petrol in to a bucket, and removed the tank. His g/f came in and stood and watched us. After about five minutes we realised she was stood over the bucket of petrol smoking.

You never saw someone bundled out a garage so quick in your life.

I learned the dangers of petrol at an early age. Once, when i was about 12, and when my dad was out we decided to have a bonfire at the end of the garden. It didnt really get going so i nipped into the shed and emerged with a jug of petrol, which i threw on the bonfire. Because it was barely burning, all the liquid managed to fall through the bonfire on to ground without igniting. It sat there a bit, in a hollow in the ground, vaporising, and being heavier than air, pooling, until after about three minutes one of the few burning twigs dropped down into the bottom, igniting the fuel-air vapour.

There was a WHOOOMPH and a fireball, and the entire bonfire was propelled about seventy feet in the air. There was bits of burning twig and branch coming down all over..............

Back