Warped Wood Burner Baffle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over 3 years use my wood burner baffle is a little bit warped from occasional overheating. Enough to leave a small gap that flames can lick up at the back presumably sending precious heat that should be warming my toes straight up my chimney.

Stove is a Clearview 400.

Now personally I have no objection to using it as is indefinitely as it is. I have friend who never change them and friends who change them as soon as they warp and they all seem equally happy.

Anyone willing to convince me I should (or shouldn't) replace it. (Either with OEM part or a locally manufactured copy.)

Sponsored Links
They all warp and corrode in time, just as the side and back cheeks crack and crumble away.....its best to replace your baffle when flames start to lick up the chimney - the chimney temperature will increase dramatically when this happens.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back