Was replacing our loo seat, ended up in A&E !

Heres one for you! i am currently refurbing my house and have had no incidents whatsoever that is until the other half's dad decided to put the loft ladder away! was just about to get in bed and saw the light in the loft on so opened the hatch (one of those push and open ones) and the bloody ladder slid down and ****ted me right in the face the missus managed to keep a straight face but my brother P****d himself got a scar down the length of my nose now.

Sponsored Links
ive been move stuff round at home getting ready to paint moved a cd case on to the stairs, just about to start when i needed the loo, so i went and came back down and stood on the cd case, and you guseed it i was bare footed! spend 2 hours in a&e having bits removed.

my uncle has a building firm, just a one man band, he was up a set of ladders cutting a tree down with a chainsaw, he was cutting a trunk off, when it broke loose it spun round and and smashed half of his ribs.

my brother is a joiner, hes was fitting a new window in a council house, he was carrying the glass when he fell over, the glass smashed, catching his index finger near the bottom cutting to the bone, then up to the last inch of his finger, guess what he did then? taped it up with masking tape, boarded over the window and then went to a&e.
just the other week he fell of a laddder and broke a couple of ribs, i just happened to be working up some ladders on a job i was on, when i found out to which i text him,
'lol' he replied with '???', i then sent 'just working up some ladders and thought of you!' all i got back was 'tw*t'

my dads also a joiner who trained my brother up, they were both working on a big new build, im 25, and this must of been when i was 9/10, so on weekend i would go to work with them, but id just play about on the site.
one day i was up stairs with them, but there wasnt any floor boards, only joists, so i got a big lecture about taking me time when walking about, the build is in the shape of a H, i was stood in one bit when my dad came to walk through middle part which gives you access to iether side, well im stood there watch him walk across the joist when he tried to walk just on one and slip, each leg going iether side of the joist, we all know what broke his fall!!! i never laughed so much im my life, it still bring a tear of laughter to my eyes, you know what makes it better was when my brother turned up and took my dad to one side of the building while a waited on the other, was my dad screaming swear words out for 5 minutes.

when i was at school, in wood tech the teacher was else where, so i went to get a chisel when the wood work teaching tech saw me and asked what it was for, i told him it was for a box i was making and it needed hinges on it, and thats what i needed the chisel for, so he gave me a ten minute lecture about safety and not putting any part of my body in front of where i was chiseling,
after he left i turned to my mate asking him to hold the box, needless to say he told me to get stuffed so i got him hold the bottom of the box while i held the top after getting it in to place, i started but i had to hold it steady with one hand while chiseling with the other, when i slipped and drove it my wrist, ended up with a class full of kids all pushing to have a look, blood gushing every where, the teacher trying to patch me up, got taken to the main office, where they phoned my mam who worked at the time, at the local hospital, and said i'd had a little accident but im ok, but i must go to hospital asap!

oh yeah you'll love these one, ive got a mate who works at tesco, he broke his wrist in the over crowded warehouse, hadnt had any training at all, he went to his manager and told him that he needs to go to hospital cos it doesnt feel right ( wonder why) and was told, sit down in the staff room and wait half hour cos the manager break had just started!!! so the silly git did.
a fella who is 65yrs broke his arm and was told to drive him self to hospital cos it was only 5 minutes up the road!
my mate last week of knocked out and had a two inch cut on his head, when the team leader was cutting corners trying to get the diy section done when he knocked a shelveing unit and the arm spurng out a caught him :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Me and some friends were helping to move all the stuff from an illustrators studio, loads of plan chests and paper work, nothing too heavy nothing too dangerous, but loads of stairs.

This bloke Jim, was one of those people that liked to make even the easiest job seem hard, so he decided to take the drawing board all by himself. It was one of those massive old 1920's things, parrallel motion and sprung counterbalance, a real rolls royce of a drawing board, that the owner had kindly partly dis-assembled, and tied the complicated frame, without its table, folded flat with some old sash cord.
Half way down the stairs the sash cord must have come loose. Suddenly these two massive springs that were designed to counterbalance the imense weight of the board were set free - they smashed a cast iron bracket up into his chin with such force that he lost 4 teeth and broke his jaw in three places. not only that but the newly expanded piece of furniture was now wedged with him, amongst the steel banisters of a narrow stairwell.
I remember trying to recompress those springs, it couldn't be done without the leverage of the table itself. still makes me feel sick thinking about it.

November 3rd, age 6.

Stack of packing crates, big claw hammer.

Smacked the packing crate the the blunt end of the hammer, plank came off.

Repeated many times, shuffling along the crate each time.

Shuffled along far enough to fall off the edge of the garden path (5" drop...) crate, and threw my arms up to balance.

Rudley re-introduced to that claw hammer, claws first, a second or so later.

Boy do scalps bleed, and boy do mothers turn a funny colour when you wander into the house with a bright red face that's dribbling off your chin... :LOL:

Was damn satisfying come the 5th though! :LOL: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back