Was that an awesome Men's Final or what?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not normally one for tennis, having yearned for a return to the days of Borg, Connors, McEnroe and others of that ilk, and hating the boring megaserve-and-miss matches of the recent past, but that was an absolute cracker!

Made keeping up with which threads were being locked and/or removed a tad difficile though :LOL:

Cheers Mod4 for doing the post removal deed on the other thread btw, much appreciated.

BOT: anyone agree that it was a belter of a match?

Sponsored Links
Yes I agree it was great, Nadal just doesn't let up and Federer is sheer class. I don't know what Castle and Henman were getting paid for though, they hardly said a word. Not that I'm complaining.

Superb match, nearly 5 hours on court, one on one, footballers whinge if they play more than 2 matches a week

Superb match, nearly 5 hours on court, one on one, footballers whinge if they play more than 2 matches a week

yeh but what did they do in that 5 hours

the first serve, hit is as hard as they can in the net then hit a few balls over the net. Then go and sit down for a drink of barley water ,get up the crowd applaudes then they knock over a few more balls time for a sit down again and snatch a towel off a ball boy another drink get up crowd applaudes again! then they go and change ends ! then they grab a few new balls off a ball boy without saying " thank you "

oh I can feel a few spots of rain, time for a rest :rolleyes:

oh BTW it was a cracking match ;) shame that had to cancel George Gently prog :(

Sponsored Links
Not a big Tennis fan but that was individual sport at it's best. Didn't care who won TBH, just enjoyed the effort, skill and tension. Murray would not of stood a chance against Federer

Hamilton winning, Massa coming last, a Brit 1/2 in the Porsche Supercup, young Laura Robson in the Junior Tennis made it a good weekend.

Spolit by having to plug some leaks in an old flat roof on the side of the house. Bleoody gales!

yeh but what did they do in that 5 hours

the first serve, hit is as hard as they can in the net then hit a few balls over the net. Then go and sit down for a drink of barley water ,get up the crowd applaudes then they knock over a few more balls time for a sit down again and snatch a towel off a ball boy another drink get up crowd applaudes again! then they go and change ends ! then they grab a few new balls off a ball boy without saying " thank you "

oh I can feel a few spots of rain, time for a rest :rolleyes:

oh BTW it was a cracking match ;) shame that had to cancel George Gently prog :(

they did about 20 times more running than a lot of malingering goal munching strikers, that's for sure!

cracking match though.

Back