Washer shaking when spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No it ain`t my new zanussi! its about a neighbours washer that shakes like crazy when it spins and everyone who lives on the ground floor can hear it when it spins and they live 3 floors up! he says that when it spins it walks across the kitchen floor! what causes a machine to shake violently when spinning :?:

Sponsored Links
Ian84 said:
No it ain`t my new zanussi! its about a neighbours washer that shakes like crazy when it spins and everyone who lives on the ground floor can hear it when it spins and they live 3 floors up! he says that when it spins it walks across the kitchen floor! what causes a machine to shake violently when spinning :?:

Means its either not on even ground or leveled, or the load is to great or it has much bigger problem inside

Can also be caused by concrete weight coming loose(look for dust on floor)-given make and model may be able to give more info.

Could also be collapsed drum bearings or a cracked leg on the drum spider. Older Hotpoint machines were also prone to fatigue failure of the base, where the suspension units bolt on.

Sponsored Links
I believe the machine is a Whirlpool AWM822 and he`s just said that its the drum bearings what are knackered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back