Washers for Condensate trap Greenstar Utility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Boiler is Greenstar Utility 18/15 oil burner.
I hope someone can shed some light onto my leak on the condensate trap. There was a drip coming from the trap and pulled the washers out to inspect and have now lost them. I can't even remember if it was an o ring or rubber washer.
I visited two plumber merchants who did not have anything that would fit and they kindly offered to call worcester and were miles behind in the queue.

Does anyone have a part number, link , temp bodge etc I have tried plumbers mate around the bottom seal -fail.

It's leaking from the bottom screw section.
20201214_102403.jpg

Sponsored Links
The seal is a very small diameter 'O' ring. You may have some luck with a seal cut out from an old inner tube, but having undone that thread, you may find it won't do up tight enough to clamp it. Buy another unit, and when you want to clean it, remove it whole and swill it through, removing only the top cover. This is what most service technicians do with these, the remainder probably ignore it.

Obviously the proper thing would be to replace it. A very temp option would be to use some PTFE tape on the bottom thread. I'd use gas tape as it's thicker and takes more tightening without compromising the seal.

The leak does not come from the thread, but because the nut does not pull the bottom up against the body. All the PYFE in the world wont stop it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back