Washers that don't fit and toilets with strange holes!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my neverending pursuit of knowledge, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on these 2 circumstances that vexxed me this week:

1) why do half inch fibre washers sometimes refuse to fit onto the seating of tap connectors? - I changed a ballvalve on a CWSC this week and thought I'd change the washer at the same time, but the new fibre washer was too small to fit on (washer and seating both dry). Ended up using PFTE :/

2) Had a back to wall pan today - the holes for securing the pan to the floor were in the usual place - but went directly horizontal (into the centre of the pan) instead of being angled towards the floor! Never seen that before, I'm assuming there should be some sort of block that goes under the pan (which is secured to the floor) then you just screw in from the side?

Everyday is a schoolday !! :)

Sponsored Links
1) different makes of tap connector seem to be different size washers.

2 Correct, there is an "L" shaped bracket that screws to the floor and then you fix the pan horizontally through the upright of the "L".

Mike.

The L Bracket was nowhere to be seen :( Cheers for that though.:cool:

They usually come in the bottom of the pan, make sure they arent just around the bend of the outlet pipe!

If not most plumbers merchants will stock replacements. However, you will probably get away with siliconing the pan down, and just fill on the holes with white silicone :LOL:

Sponsored Links
yeh, this time, and this time only, I silconed down the pan :((

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back