Washing machine and sink smells

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Anyone help not sure my washing machine is draining properly at the minute and clothes seem to come out musty after a wash. Is the drain pipe to long and water still stuck in it after a wash? Plus when my sink is draining awful smells come up thru it as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20200602_165749.jpg
    IMG_20200602_165749.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 227
Sponsored Links
Anyone help not sure my washing machine is draining properly at the minute and clothes seem to come out musty after a wash. Is the drain pipe to long and water still stuck in it after a wash? Plus when my sink is draining awful smells come up thru it as well.
Check out the flexible hose overflow pipe ,it's probably full of crud. The washing machines waste hose looks ok.

Sponsored Links
Check out the flexible hose overflow pipe ,it's probably full of crud. The washing machines waste hose looks ok.
Have a bucket underneath when you disconect at the trap end, just undo the nut but be careful the rubber cone washer and plastic backing washer don`t fall in the bucket and as expected it is full of crud it will be heavier than expected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back