Washing machine - cannot access pump :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi zwf 1621w and when it is finished its wash we get 2 x beeps and some of the water isn't drained.

A check of the manual indicates that the pump may be blocked (2 x beep error code).

The manual says in the bottom right corner of the machine, open the service flap, use the emergency drainer to empty the machine - done all that - machine is emptied.

It then says to remove the pump impeller cap in the bottom right of the machine - done that - it then says to pull out the pump itself and remove any blockage - i can't do that!

Like i said i have removed the cap and behind that is the impeller, but i cannot remove it - it won't budge. Any ideas?!

Ta!

Sponsored Links
This would be better posted in appliances, does the impeller rotate, if it's seized with no sign of blockage then you may need a pump replacement.

sorted - needed brute force to get the thing out. Didn't realise i should be cleaning this on a regular basis.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back