Washing machine concrete block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just opened my washing machine to discover that the enormous noise is being created by the concrete block which has sheared off and is now loose in the machine. Should I take it out or try and secure it? If so, how?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
It needs to be secured on. Posting make, model and PNC help us to give you more specific answers.

They usually bolt on if it has sheared the mounts on the drum it will be a new drum required or part of depends on model.

Most if not all WM have these concrete blocks these days..They are used to damp the spin forces and stop the machine from shaking (along with proper adjustment of the feet). I've not come across one shearing off before... If the concrete itself has broken I'm not sure you can do anything about it...if the metal bolts which hold it in place have broken then you may be able to replace them...If the machine is getting on in age its probably cheaper to replace it.

Thanks for the responses. One bolt had sheared, one had fallen out. I've temporarily bolted it back on with one bolt. The machine is a hotpoint integrated, is only 3 years old and has broken down several times and I have replaced the paddles 4 times and now have screwed them in. Any recommendations as to what to buy next time?

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for the youtube clip. Now I know what to do with the old machine when I get a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back