Washing machine dispenser tray powder crust removal. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I clean that crusty powder out of the dispenser tray? I've tried scraping as well as soaking with vinegar but it's not budging. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
How do I clean that crusty powder out of the dispenser tray? I've tried scraping as well as soaking with vinegar but it's not budging. Any suggestions?

Same problem here, so I googled. Suggestion seems to be it is a hardened mix of soap powder filler (chalk) and limescale. Soaking in citric acid and hot water will tackle that in time, or HCI for a quicker response, at the risk of damaging any metal parts.

Same problem here, so I googled. Suggestion seems to be it is a hardened mix of soap powder filler (chalk) and limescale. Soaking in citric acid and hot water will tackle that in time, or HCI for a quicker response, at the risk of damaging any metal parts.
HCI?

Sponsored Links
Most if not all of the W/M dispensers we have had were able to be removed fro the machine.

The one we have now has a small clip device that acts so as to stop the dispenser from falling out but is pressed he dispenser will withdraw and you can then soak it to remove the crud.

Ken.

Most if not all of the W/M dispensers we have had were able to be removed fro the machine.

The one we have now has a small clip device that acts so as to stop the dispenser from falling out but is pressed he dispenser will withdraw and you can then soak it to remove the crud.

Ken.
Yeah, mine comes out but what do I soak it in? I've tried vinegar for an hour but that made no difference. What about some of that drain/plug hole cleaner/unblocker?

It's a real problem.

I look forward to a update :)

An off the wall suggestion?

Place the dispenser on the bottom rack in an empty dishwasher [no dishes] and add dishwasher tablet ??

Ken.

Most drawers have a detachable front.

I've taken mine off before and tried soaking it in descaler but to no avail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back