Washing machine drain hose to sink waste connection

Some idiot has cut the rubber connector off the drain hose, it can be replaced or you can wrap self amalgamating tape over the white spigot which will offer a better seal when grey hose is connected and clamped, the tape will help fill the grooves of the grey hose.This allows reconnections without any messy sealants.

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Sorry, I never came back to update. I went for the sealant option as the local b and q didn't have the tape and wanted it done.

Seems to be working well so far.

Thanks all, advice much appreciated.

What's the craic with the waste pipe? I assume there's a pipe connected to that Tee going through the wall behind, but it's badly done, and discharges will overshoot the vertical section, possibly leading to a blockage. Needs to be a bend there, and the sink/washing machine teeing in underneath.

Sponsored Links
Hi there

Here is what it looks like now. Are you talking about the bit in red?
If so, it's not going into the wall it's capped off.

Have only got the washing machine waste pipe that's currently taped up. Just on that what is the best way to keep it up, or better than I currently have it? Access to the back of the washing machine is a headache so can't really install a longer pipe.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20200224_192451__01.jpg
    IMG_20200224_192451__01.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 90
Hi there

Here is what it looks like now. Are you talking about the bit in red?
If so, it's not going into the wall it's capped off

Cheers

Thats ok then, can only assume they had run out of bends so used a tee and access cap instead! Hose is fine as it is, although a cable tie may look neater, and wont come unstuck, although if that's black cloth tape it'll hold the house together so doubtful if it'll come unstuck!

Just wanted to say thanks as I had the same issue with the washing machine outlet hose recently and this post and solution have worked a treat for me too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back