Washing Machine drain pipe blocked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!! How do we unblock the pipe leading out of the wall into the drain outside? Each time the waching machine drains, all the water comes back up the pipe and onto the floor. We have tried pouring hot soapy water down the pipe, and also that foamy stuff for unblocking clogs but not worked........... :(

Sponsored Links
try caustic soda (read the instuctions) or take pipe apart

Since the appliance is fine and the drain pipes are part of your household plumbing intallation, I would have expected this would have been better asked under the plumbing heading.

Have you tried the long spiral drain unblockers you buy for about £8 ?

Tony

Agile said:
Since the appliance is fine and the drain pipes are part of your household plumbing intallation, I would have expected this would have been better asked under the plumbing heading.

Have you tried the long spiral drain unblockers you buy for about £8 ?

Tony

Agile, the poster did, 6 minutes later, (breaking forum rule 1a) This post was replied to before the other post was made.

Sponsored Links
Yes, sorry about the 2nd post. I was advised by "helpful" family member that should have posted in plumbing section. Have also tried caustic soda. will have to buy a bendy pipe tomorrow. Thanks.

why tomorrow, b & q are open today

I have found casutic soda to be very good, did you read the instructions, unusual for it not to work

b & q sell caustic soda too

and new waste pipe (very cheap too)

caustic soda must be used with care as it can attack rubber seals. if u add washing soda crystals available in super markets then fill pipe up with boiling water this is a very slow safe & good way to reak down soap scum & hair type blockages. got to be paitent though. Cheap as well.

You're right, Breezer. Am off to Homebase (it's nearer for me than B&Q) now to buy a new plastic pipe.

And I think I might be pouring cleansing agents down the pipe every couple of months to avoid this in future :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back