Washing machine drain pump sticking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a siemens solenoid drain pump in a bosch machine that is sticking. The problem has been trace to grit inside the axle core enclosure. I think I can fix it if I can gain access to the magnet axle and remove any debris. I yanked as hard as I dared on the axle to no avail. Anyone has experience of OEM to know how the axle is sealed? Around the axle is a round piece of plastic that is not part of the housing. What is this entire unit called and is that buyable? If I have the name, I might try china.
solenoid-motor-core-1.png
solenoid-motor-core-2.png

Sponsored Links
The machine model is WFK 2200. The full pump is easily available. But, I want to fix if I can.

The pump model:
solenoid-pump-siemens.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have rotated the axle core by 180 degrees and hoping for the best. Test runs were ok. If it gets stuck again, I will get a new qualtex pump for £11. Their dyson motor was quite acceptable.

Reassembling the pump resulted in a leak. the 20+ year old compressed o ring gasket would not seal again. I bandage-wrapped the o ring with teflon tape using Vaseline as a temporary binder. That fixed it up at no cost.

Last edited:
The pump continued to fail and was replaced with a qualtex unit. I cut open the old unit to see what's going on. It turned out the axle core had a cap and this could be removed if rotated to a certain orientation. The pump failed because the stainless steel shaft was worn by the plastic cap resulting in play. This then caused the magnet to rub against the housing. Bits of the magnet were broken off producing grit. Despite the shaft wear, the pump would be usable if the grit was removed.

axle-core.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back