Washing Machine Draining Into Sink

Sponsored Links
the sink draining don't look to clever either and it gurgles back up at the last minute on your video.

What is the sink waste draining to a soil stack or a gully drain ?

1 LTR of Sulphuric Acid was poured down directly at the bottom exit (lowest exit point I could reach) it smelled really really potent.

left it for 30mins

yet I still have the same problem.

anytime i drain the washing machine it pops into the sink, any suggestions?

I would try this test
Disconnect the straight connector and point the waste pipe into the washing up bowl. Then let the washer pump out again and see if it backs up in the sink.
Be ready to turn the washer off when the bowl gets full.

Sponsored Links
As the water leaves the sink it goes down to the trap and then has to come back up again and over in order to drain away.
This means when the washing machine starts to pump the initial surge of water has to start getting the large volume of water moving through the U bend which results in the water level rising into the sing.

could be a pressure problem , might want to try an anti syphon trap , it's just like a normal trap but with a small air valve on it

factors have appointed a drainage company to check the drainage outside, if the problem still persists ofter they have gone, I think I will consider changing the configuration below the sink then to an anti syphon trap.

thanks guys. I`ll keep you posted.

Washing machine waste should discharge into stand pipe , all too easy to connect waste hose into sink traps :rolleyes: .............................not only do they smell after a few months use they also tend to drain fat & greases into the machine if waste hose 'hangs' from sink trap spigot..................the reason these are drained into sink traps is either the customer is too tight to have the job done correctly or the 'plumber' knows no better or he just got lazy..............I HATE SEEING WASHING MACHINES DISCHARGE INTO SINK TRAPS.........................BAD PLUMBING.................rant over.. :mrgreen:.......................always told i'm too expensive when quoting to install washing machines , wonder why. :confused:

Agreed.

Here is another idea for you. Why not get one of these and fit it nice and low down to that long drain pipe you have.
I used one of these when DIY plumbing in my dishwasher and it works fine.
009180.jpg

uhmm

what is it? and how much does it cost? :)

looks like a self tapping washing machine drain adapter?

Here is another idea for you. Why not get one of these and fit it nice and low down to that long drain pipe you have.
I used one of these when DIY plumbing in my dishwasher and it works fine.

nice but that won't be installed to regs will it. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back