Washing Machine Extension - Dumb Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Excuse my dumb question. Im useless at DIY especially plumbing.

I need to extend washing machine drain hose for a new machine. New hose is too short. It leads to an undersink waste outlet.

I have purchased a extension kit which has hose, connector and two clips.

Now for the dumb bit, the kit which like one of these http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin...112757:103338,115347:112759,115349&shop=bosch

One end being fatter than the other.

Which end connects to the sink. I presume I put the connector in the fatter end and then connect up my existing pipe and jubilee. Just wanted to check

thanks in advance

Mark

Sponsored Links
All the bits you need beautifully displayed at Homebase....who are particularly good at these sort of things! John :)

thanks guys for quick response. the reason why i posted is that i did put the fatter end and connector together - ur right about the tight fit..that was tough connecting those together - i jubillee clipped the existing hose to the connector (i assume thats right) and jubillee clicked the other end under my sink to the shared waste contraption.

I have a small leak very small at the connected hose. Could it be clip not tight enough, did not want to tighten too much in case it breaks connector

i have this

SINK END > THINNER HOSE END CLIPPED -------- FATTER HOSE END - CONNECTOR - EXISTING HOSE CLIPPED

Thanks for your help

Mark :D

Sponsored Links
You'll not break the connector if its a nylon one.....but thats the problem with 'universal' connectors - they'll fit everything perfectly.....apart from yours! Wind the jubilee up a bit. John :)

cheers
i will do that. i had disconnected it to see if i had fitted connector wrong.

its in the fatter end as i said but i noticed that its not all the way in a few mm left to go before it reaches the lip at the centre of the connector piece.

would that make a difference because i did not do the slip in with washing up liquid trick. it wont budge now in or out...

this is sounding more like a carry on film the more it type

thanks a million for your help

mark

just used some brute force and got it over another lip of the connector. it def wount come out now.

Im gonna try it again.

will report back. thanks again. live savers (well save a rollicking from wife saver)

mark

hi
i think i have success.

no drips under sink now. only sign of any water now is if i wipe near the clip (the fat end of pipe side) and get a touch of water.

i guess that can happen and depends on how my hose is positioned.

thanks

mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back