Washing machine full of water but is now stuck with a fault!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been given a second hand Zanussi Aquacycle 1400 FR1450W “914517 242”. (I do not possess a manual).

Put clothes in set on Cottons, 40C, 900 spin and half load.

The machine filled with water, but that has been it!! Now all I get is the machine bleeping 7 times, then a gap of a couple of seconds then bleeping another 7 times. It will do this till the end of time.

There are 8 washing states on the right of the panel, and it's the bottom one that flashes in relation to the 7 bleeps. There are no other lights on in this list of 8.

I would be grateful for some advice on how to get the machine to move on from it's present stuck position.

Thank you.

Paul

Sponsored Links
I am not an expert on these things but here is what I would check first:

Is the water hot enough (has the heating element failed and it is not getting up to temperature)

The thingy that measures the water temperature has failed (hence no signal to the controll board to start the wash)

Will the machine drain? if not can you hear the pump working if so you need to check the drain hose isn't kinked and if its fitted on a sink spigot (nozzle) check that this isn't blocked. If that ok and youv'e no motor action then check the motor brushes for eccesive wear

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back