Washing Machine in Detached garage, cold feed question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a detached garage located about a metre away from my kitchen where the mains comes in. (The house is about 10 years old).

There is a drainage pop up already in the garage with rodding eye in the path outside the garage. There is also a mdpe ducted connection in the garage for use with cold feed. This assumably runs under the path below the frost line as it pops up outside my kitchen wall and terminates about 50mm above the path. I have attached a mdpe to 15mm plastic adapter in the garage and will put a machine connection on the 15mm pipe (I don't need a sink in the garage) so that is fairly straightforward.

However my question relates to the mdpe pop up outside the kitchen. What is the best way to connect this to under my sink in the house? Will it be sufficient to branch off the cold tap feed (15mm) and then connect with adapter to the 25mm mdpe. (The cold tap feed already has a branch for the dishwasher). Do I therefore need to connect above the stop cock on the larger section of mains feed to ensure adequate pressure to the garage? Lastly I don't particularly want to drill through the outside air brick and through the floor (tiled) and along to the sink to make the connection as feeding the pipe through would be very difficult. Would it therefore be possible to drill a hole in the outside wall and connect the sink to the mdpe pipe outside running some 15mm plastic pipe down the wall?

Thanks

David

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back