MDPE stopcock.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps.

So I’m just doing my plumbing in my kitchen and come across a potential problem.

I have 15mm hit and cold running to under the sink, then from there, I have run a blue MDPE pipe out to the garage and outside tap.

I have purchased an MDPE - 15mm copper stopcock and started fitting it, and then realised that it has the direction of flow arrow going the other way, as if the blue would be supply, but for me, it isn’t.

Is it absolutely necessary to have a stopcock flow arrow correct? If so, what is my best solution here?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Besides the outside tap ,what else is the mdpe supplying ? And what size is it ? Fit a 15 mm stopcock to the copper supply pipe and a short length of 15 mm copper from the stopcock. Then fit an mdpe to copper coupler .

It’s 20mm. It goes into the garage where I might, have me day, for a small hand basin, but really it’s just to go to the outside tap on the garage wall.

Do they do MDPE to copper brass fittings? I’ve just found a JG speedfit one.

Thanks.

The flow through a stopcock must go in the correct direction. They have a loose jumper which is held open by the flow. Reverse the flow and they will be held closed. You should be able to find MDPE to copper fittings at a plumbers merchant or at somewhere like BES.com

Sponsored Links
It’s 20mm. It goes into the garage where I might, have me day, for a small hand basin, but really it’s just to go to the outside tap on the garage wall.

Do they do MDPE to copper brass fittings? I’ve just found a JG speedfit one.

Thanks.
I have never seen one made from brass ,that's not saying they are not .

Needed it today so went for a speedfit.

Thanks all.

kXp4IRz.jpg

What's with the brass threaded inserts on the iso valves?

Looks like the same thread as the isolator valves

I would get rid of that stopcock and replace with a ball lever valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back