washing machine leakage

ida

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've just disovered tht my hotpoint has been leaking for some months. It looks like there is a sort of soap residue left. I'm guessing its a very slight leak everytime the machine rinses but I can not see any obvious tear/holes in the waste pipe. Any ideas.

IDA

Sponsored Links
Slide a sheet of newspaper under the machine and put it on a rinse.

When the machine has filled with water slide the paper out and see if the paper is wet. Make a note of where abouts on the paper. ( ie. rear left. Front middle )

If it is only a slight leak, you might have to let it go through a whole wash before you get any water, but normally it will show quite quickly.

Come back and post the results. Hopefully be able to give you an idea of what the problem might be.

Hi thanks for the advice.

I found out that the waste pipe was blocked up and soapy water was backing up and leaking back into the house when the rinse came on. All clear now. Its a simple check which I should have done before to avoid the panic.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

IDA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back